Provacuno was created in response to the opinion of the majority of the operators who are searching for a joint strategy and joint actions needed to respond to the industry's current situation. Provacuno also caters to their believe that an Inter-professional organization is a necessary, associative mechanism, both wothin the general EU framework and with regards to the specific circumstances of beef demand in Spain. In addition, it is obvious that most operators wish to make up for lost time caused by the different economic and heath crises - with a strong media impact - and whose effects and consequences are still largely felt in the form of regulatory costs, closed export markets and loss of competitiveness.
This is how the Agro-food Inter-professional Organization of the Spanish Beef Industry (Provacuno) was established under the Organic Law 1/2002, of 22 March, that regulates the Association Rights, through the Founding Act of 24 September 2014, subscribed by the representatives of the industry's main producers, processors and trade associations:
-ASAJA (Asociación Agraria de Jóvenes Agricultores / Agro Association of Young Farmers)
- ASOPROVAC (Asociación Española de Productores de Vacuno de Carne / Spanish Association of Beef Producers)
- COAG (Coordinadora de Organizaciones de Agricultores y Ganaderos / Coordinator of the Farmer and Livestock Farmer Organizations)
- Cooperativas Agro-alimentarias de España (Agro-food Cooperatives of Spain)
- UPA (Unión de Pequeños Agricultores / Union of Small Farmers)
- ANAFRIC (Asociación Nacional de Almacenes Frigoríficos de Carnes y Salas de Despiece / National Association of Refrigerated Warehouses for Meat and Cutting Plants)
- ANICE (Asociación Nacional de Industrias de la Carne de España / National Association of Meat Industries of Spain)
- APROSA (Asociación Profesional de Salas de Despiece y Empresas Cárnicas / Professional Association of Cutting Plants and Meat Companies)
- CEDECARNE (Confederación Española de Detallistas de la Carne / Spanish Confederation of Meat Retail Outlets)
After Provacuno was established, a new member from the Processors/traders Branch was admitted, by agreement of the Provacuno general assembly of 30 June 2015, thereby conferring full membership to:
- FECIC (Federación Catalana d’Industries de la Carn / Catalan Federation of Meat Industries)
By the signature of the founding act on 24/09/2014, the Articles of Association of Provacuno were also approved.
Provacuno was registered in the National Associations Register, which is part of the Ministry of the Interior, in accordance with the Resolution of 19/11/2014, with the following entry data: Registered in the National Associations Register: Group 1 / Section 1 / National number 606608.
On 25 November 2014, Provacuno requested to be officially recognized by the Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Environmental Protection as an Agro-food Inter-professional Organization, providing all the necessary documents for said recognition.
The request was duly processed and the Ministry adopted Order AAA/2501/2014, of 23 December, by which the Inter-professional Organization of the Spanish Beef Industry – Provacuno, is officially recognized as an Agro-food Inter-professional Organization (Official Spanish Gazette (BOE) of 31/12/2014).